Wednesday, March 7, 2012

This is a test... it is only a test...

This week has been a test--of my patience, organization, and sanity! Between a "small" snow storm that ended up dumping 7 inches here in 7 or so hours (really unusual here), prepping for my senior students class project--yes that mean all 250 some seniors will be participating in this shin-ding on Friday (and I am one for 4 teachers coordinating this thing), trying to get lesson plans made, spend time with my husband and child, cook and take care of things around here--I might just flip out. But then I remember that I am a super hero in training and this is just a test, it's only a test and if I can just find my calm, relaxed, centered self, all will be ok.

So to help remind me that all things come in due time and with patience all things are possible, I went looking for some quotes. Here are a few I copied for myself, and hopefully they will help you too. Enjoy and may we all have a wonderful rest of the week.
  • Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.
    John Quincy Adams
  • Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. it's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.
    Barack Obama
  • Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.
    Ovid
  • Have patience with all things, But, first of all with yourself.
    Saint Francis de Sales
  • You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.
    Franklin P. Jones
  • A man who is a master of patience is master of everything else.
    George Savile
  • Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.
    Harriet Tubman
  • For anything worth having one must pay the price; and the price is always work, patience, love, self-sacrifice - no paper currency, no promises to pay, but the gold of real service.
    John Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment