Friday, March 16, 2012

Pineapple BBQ slow cooker pulled pork

Here's a little fact--it was 83 degrees outside and sunny today -- in March!!! What the ?!?!?! And because it was so warm I do not want to cook anything that is going to heat up my kitchen any more than it already was, so I pulled out my recipes to try folder and picked one--pineapple BBQ pulled pork -- and BONUS-- it's a crock pot recipe which means my house stays cooler! Thank you mamma loves food for this great recipe.

Pineapple BBQ Pulled Pork 

Simple and easy ingredients

 Ingredients:
  - one 3-4 pound pork shoulder
  - all purpose seasoning (I used Lawry's)
  - one bottle of barbecue sauce (We love Bulls Eye
     at our house )
  - one 15 ounce can of diced pineapples, undrained



Directions:
- Rub pork shoulder all over with all purpose seasoning and place in slow cooker. (I also threw in a bit of
   seasoning with the the rest of the ingredients)
- Dump can of pineapples (undrained) over pork.
- Pour bottle of barbecue sauce over pork.
- Lift pork a little to let the sauce get underneath.
- Cook on high for six (6) hours or low for ten (10) hours.
- Shred in the pot and mix with the juice.
- Strain & serve!
The finished product, shredded and ready to eat!

Serves 4 -6 people

 This recipe also freezes really well and is even better the next day as left overs!

No comments:

Post a Comment