Chicken and Spinach Florentine
|The finished product.|
- 1 TBSP. olive oil (I use EVOO)
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves, washed and dried (I just use the ready mix bag spinach and cut the leaves in half)
- 2 cups rice, uncooked. Minute Rice is best for this (I use their brown rice)
- 1 1/2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved.
- 1 can (10.5 oz) chicken broth
- 1 tsp. each of basil and oregano
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese, grated (I like to add the second cheese for a really tasty blend, but it is totally optional).
- Heat oil in large deep skillet on medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir frequently.
- Add spinach, rice, tomatoes, basil, oregano, and broth; mix well.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer 5 minutes
- Stir in cheese and let stand 5 minutes.