But not so fast! Thanks to the "mama loves food blog" (I link a lot of her recipes on my pinterest page) we now have a new favorite -- crock pot baked potato soup. Delicious! My husband loves it, and I am once again in heaven. Read on below.
|Yummy Baked Potato Soup!|
- 5 pounds russet potatoes, washed but NOT peeled. Diced into 1/2 inch(ish) cubes
- 1 medium/large yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium sized bulb of garlic minced (if you use jarred, its about 5 tsp)
- 64 ounces (8 cups) chicken stock or broth
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened (I used low fat)
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt (I used good old fashioned Lawry's)
- pinch of black pepper
- optional garnishes: crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, green onions--really what ever you would like.
- Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning, pepper, and chicken stock to slow cooker. Stir
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
- Add the softened cream cheese and puree soup with an immersion blender until the cheese is incorporated and about half the soup is blended.( Since I don't have an immersion blender and I love to use crock pot bags for easy clean up, I removed about 3/4 of the mixture and mixed the cream cheese and it in my kitchen aide blender-- then just stirred it in with the soup in the crock pot-- it worked like a charm).
- Stir well, top with your choice of garnishes & enjoy!
|Ready to start cooking...|
|All blended and ready to serve...|